We have a bit of a theme going on from yesterday… Since it was World Heart Day, we thought we’d continue the theme with a post dedicated to all the heart themed goodies we love…
1. Milky Heart Shorts – Where’s My Milk? $24.95
2. Queen of Hearts Canvas – Little Urby $89.00
3. Mummy-licious Chocolate Bouquet – Lollylicious $28.00
4. Denim Glitter Princess Trio of Hair Clips – ChelleBelle $7.00
5. Urchin – Apple T-Shirt – Billy Lids $20.80
6. “Love” burnt wood earrings – Mae Mae Designs $7.50
7. Minti heart hugs together dress – Little Pinwheel $54.95
8. Summer Love Baby Sandals – Cheeky Little Soles $39.95
9. Blue Hearts on Line Photo Album – Baby Batches $25.00
10. Organic cotton softie toy rattle monster – hearts – Chunky Chooky $26.00
11. Tattoo heart tee – Kasia Bear $25.00
12. Childrens Belt “Hip Heart” – Hip Brown $24.95
13. Hess Spielzeug Wooden Rattle Pink Heart – Hello, Charlie! $14.95
14. Ruffle Lace Birds & Hearts Set – deEmde $55.00
15. Lauren Hinkley Pink Pearl & Silver Ball Bracelet – Looking At You Kid $21.95
The World Heart Federation is a non- government organisation committed to uniting its members and leads the global fight against heart disease and stroke, with a focus on low-and middle-income countries.
Today is World Heart Day, where the World Heart Foundation challenges you to take charge of your family’s heart health and become your home’s advocate for heart-healthy living.
The main message is… be active! Organise outdoor activities for the family and help get the kids away from the TV/Playstation/computer and running around. Camping, swimming, beach-going, trips to the park and gardening all give kids a dose of fresh air and fun. So do these great outdoor toys and activities we found… Enjoy!
1. Klop-Log Tossing Game – Quirky Kids $69.95
2. Gus the Hobby Horse – Two By Two Creations $85.00
3. Red Toddler Ride On Wheely Bumper Car – Hip Kids $79.00
4. Oobi Super 70′s space hopper blue – Little Styles $29.95
5. Design Child Skipping Rope Cat – Design Child $6.95
6. Crazy Forts – Construction Toy – Where Did You Get That? $109.95
7. Roxster Balance Bike – ooMoo Kids $99.00 (plus free delivery)
8. Children’s Teepee – Bonito Baby $229.00
9. Green Toys – EcoSaucer – Happy Little Hippos $14.95
Blue Caravan is an ethical design market that supports and promotes both Australian and international designers. The aim is to showcase emerging and independent makers who proudly produce their goods in an ethical manner. Blue Caravan (and Style My Child) believes that objects ‘warmed’ by designers, artists and artisans have a quality like no other… and that ‘ethical’ is no longer a choice separated from style and design.
There is an abundance of stylish, hip and beautifully made products to be found throughout the whole Blue Caravan website. Pictured above are some of the items we loved from the Little People category (it was difficult not to include them all!). You really need to see for yourself the talent on display… it’s amazing!
1. Le Castor! Organic Cotton Onesie – Moon and Sparrow $27.00
2. Custom bearded folk man doll – Pepper Stitches $60.00
3. babushka baby book – lorgie&me $65.00
4. Garland – Dragonflies & Butterflies – The Dharma Door $25.00
5. Catalina Mouse – Hazel Village $38.00
6. Sushi hat and bib gift set – LEFTright $29.00
7. Beatrice Bear – eclectic critters $75.00
8. Reversible Denim Dress – The Zipper Tree $50.00
9. Blue Whale 20 x 20cm Artwork – Paper Rock Scissors $50.00
10. Dolly Tee – Ola & Olek $38.00
11. Handpainted Superhero Wooden Peg Doll toy, Spiderman – Twinkle Kids $8.00
12. Infant organic cotton red saxophone t-shirt – Hummingbird $26.00
13. Bambak, adorable bear – Bambaks $25.00
14. Peppermint Owls Mobile – jolie petite chose $85.00
15. Organic cotton baby bib – monkeyface $20.00
16. ‘By the sea’ shorts in crab – Little Toot Creations $32.00
17. Aboriginal Elder Male Doll – Every Little Girl $48.00
18. Silvo Crocheted Bumble Bee – Cherrytime $11.00
19. In motion – Almond Tree Frames $65.00
20. Scrub Bubs Botty Balm for Baby – GumTreeLane $15.00
21. Patchwork Quilt for Single Bed – Kokonor $175.00
Kylie from Peppermint Parade has always been surrounded by sewing and textiles. Both her mother and father were involved in the textiles industry so it was only natural that Kylie would follow. As a Mum of two children, Kylie found great inspiration in her daughter starting school wearing one of her headbands. One year on, she now has a coordinated range of handmade children’s headbands, bow clips and flowers to die for!
Designed and crafted in Melbourne from selected materials including premium cotton fabrics, French trims, classic buttons, beads and simple sparkles, the Peppermint Parade handmade collections cover classic designs for school wear through to fun, fancy and all dressed up.
Kylie has very generously provided all Style My Child readers with a fabulous offer… Shop at Peppermint Parade and for purchases over $20 receive a FREE Cosmos clip valued at $6.95! This offer is valid until the 30th September, 2011 so hurry!
More designs can also be seen on the Collections pages of the Peppermint Parade website. Customers are able to place Special Orders via the Contact page so be sure to take a look!
Elephas Maximus Maximus is the Latin name for the Sri Lankan elephant, a sub species of the Asian elephant. It grows to a weight of up to 5 tonnes and eats on average 180kg of vegetation a day. The elephant produces 100kg of dung per day and when Thusitha Ranasinghe discovered the wonderful paper making qualities of this cellulose rich material (yes, I was wondering how he did this too!), Maximus Elephant Paper was born.
Import Ants bring to Australia high quality, handmade eco-friendly elephant dung paper and paper products manufactured by Maximus under the peace paper plan. By purchasing these products, you are not only helping the environment by saving a tree but you are also contributing to the care of the endangered Sri Lankan elephant.
We love the Eco Max Craft-a-Card (pictured above), a card making kit for children made from elephant dung paper. If your little one prefers to simply draw, the Eco Max Art Pack will do the trick. For more information or to find a stockist near you, visit Import Ants.
We’re loving the latest trend in gorgeous jumpsuits. Comfortable, stylish and oh so cool for Summer, here are our pick of the best…
1. Coco & Ginger Tulip Jumpsuit – cornflowerblue $76.00
2. Havoc Denim Girls Malibu Ruffle Playsuit – Denim Baby $59.95
3. Fred Bare Blooming Floral Jumpsuit – Buckets & Spades $66.00
4. Ouch Terry jumpsuit Plum – Baby’s Got Style $18.97
5. Milky Faded denim jumpsuit – Baby’s Got Style $34.95
6. Littlehorn Gloria Suit – Groovy Kids $49.95
7. Zimmerman Dreamer playsuit – Baby’s Got Style $43.95
8. Diesel Jeffil Jumpsuit – Buckets & Spades $89.00
9. Ruby Rose Loves Max Red Hearts Playsuit – Moo Said The Cow $49.95
10. Munster Missie lifes a blur chambray playsuit – Little Styles $54.95
11. Two Belles Tomboy Jumpsuit – Whimsy Child $25.00
12. Ruby Rose Loves Max Bright Tulip Playsuit – Moo Said The Cow $49.95
13. Three Little Trees Navjo Jumpsuit – Whimsy Child $69.95
14. Coco and Ginger Yellow Italian Flower Tulip Jumpsuit – Millie Molly Moo $64.95
15. Summer Pantsuit – Hannah Banannas $35.00
16. Rain or Shine Jumpsuit – Kawaii Kids $39.00